Your printer friendly content from www.vtsheriffs.com on March 29, 2023.
Personal Information / Third-Party Suppliers and Service Providers
The Vermont Sheriffs' Association uses its best efforts to respect the privacy of its online visitors, supporters, and constituents. On our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This information is used solely by the Vermont Sheriffs' Association for internal purposes or for the purposes of the product or service for which the information was disclosed. In general, we do not require you to register or provide personal information to us in order to view our site, although registration may be required for certain products or services or sections of our site. We may also use third party suppliers and service providers to fulfill the products and services offered on our site and make personal information available to them to the extent necessary for them to provide services to us (for example, to process a credit card payment or ship a product). The Vermont Sheriffs' Association requires its vendors to maintain the confidentiality and security of private information to which they are provided access and restricts vendors from using the information in any way not expressly authorized by the Vermont Sheriffs' Association.
The Vermont Sheriffs' Association makes every reasonable effort to ensure that all of the transactions that occur on our Website are secure. All credit card numbers submitted to the site are encrypted using “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) encryption. SSL technology is the industry’s standard for protecting sensitive information as it is transmitted over the Internet. This is handled on PayPal’s server. Our website is also secure for all contact forms. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
During your use of our site, you may decide to voluntarily provide personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number when asked for purposes such as communicating with us or becoming a member, we may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries and or requests that you may have submitted, and as otherwise permitted by law. If you provide your email address, we may send to you, email containing information about the Vermont Sheriffs' Association.
Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address, and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information when you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, or by mailing a check or completed credit card donation.
The list above provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by the Memorial Fund. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- From time to time, we exchange or rent our mailing lists with other organizations whose services, products or programs we believe may interest you. If you do not wish to have your name, address or email address shared with another organization, please notify us and we will gladly honor your wishes concerning your communications preferences.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Vermont Sheriffs' Association must cooperate fully should a situation arise where we are required by law or a legal authority to release your personal information. We take reasonable precautions to avoid the unauthorized disclosure of your personal information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet, security and privacy risks cannot be "totally and completly" eliminated therefore, Vermont Sheriffs' Association cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
Information Automatically Collected
Like many other web sites, our site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the date and time you access the site, your operating system, the sections of the our site that you visit, and the materials you post to or download from the site. This non-identifiable information is used for site administration and improvement and evaluation. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
New versions of this Policy will be posted here and you should check for Policy updates. If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact us online.
Updated: November 30, 2021